Tuesday 7 October 2008

My grannies lily

My granny loved flowers, inside the house as well as outside, and she had an amazing garden and a considerable collection of plants covering all the windowsills. She died 30 years ago, but some of her carefully nurtured plants live on. When we moved into this house a close friend of my granny, Astrid, gave me a plant for the garden that she once had been given by my granny. She called it "Bamboo". That doesn´t grow in these neck of the woods but it looked like bamboo. Plants are for sharing! In our house I have a lily that my mum inherited from my granny and that she has nurtured for the past 30 years after my grannies death. It has the most incredible deep red flowers. Everytime it flowers I can feel my grannies presence. I am sure she is welcoming me back, ´cause it has some beautiful ones blooming now!

No comments: